Announcing a New Release of SAFe 5!
The digital world is changing at an ever-increasing pace and Scaled Agile is committed to the evolution of SAFe to help organizations achieve business agility. Relentless improvement is central to this mission: it helps us improve the Framework based on experiences from our customers and partners.
To this end, on behalf of the entire Scaled Agile team, we are delighted to announce an update to SAFe 5, including an enhanced 5.1 Big Picture.
Key Highlights of This SAFe 5 Update
- An enhanced Big Picture better emphasizes flow and continuous delivery.
- Operational Value Streams become first-class citizens in this new release, with an icon and article dedicated to that topic. Development Value Streams get a more clearly defined label and additional treatment. These articles also describe how emerging development value stream patterns support making operational value streams more profitable.
- A completely redesigned Principle 10, Organizing around value, highlights many of these changes. In addition, topologies and behaviors for designing teams and ARTs are introduced in this article, and integrated in Agile Teams and throughout the Framework.
- New guidance around DevSecOps technical skills and tools help teams better power their continuous delivery pipeline. A new landing page provides access to new articles and presents the expanded DevOps practice domains.
- Broader guidance for applying Lean-Agile practices to business domains can be found in the new Business and Technology article.
- Integrated Participatory Budgeting fosters a dynamic and collaborative process of allocating funding to value streams.
- And finally, after years of requests and obvious demand, we’ve provided guidance for applying SAFe to Hardware Development.
There’s far more in this new release than we can describe here, so check out What’s new in SAFe 5.
Our Commitment to Relentless Improvement
We’ll continue to evolve SAFe to ensure it stays current with new and evolving business and technology trends. These updates will often include new articles as well as changes to existing articles, updates to courses, toolkits, and other community platform assets, and from time-to-time updates to the Big Picture.
We owe a special thanks to all of you in the SAFe community for your feedback and support. Your passion for the best SAFe possible has driven us to deliver what we like to believe to be the most capable and adaptable Framework in the world.
Enjoy, stay tuned, and stay SAFe!
—Dean Leffingwell, SAFe Chief Methodologist
—Richard Knaster, SAFe Fellow
—Dr. Harry Koehnemann, SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant
—Dr. Steve Mayner, SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant
—Inbar Oren, SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant
—Marc Rix, SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant
—Andrew Sales, SAFe Fellow and Principal Consultant